“If I’m on Medicare do I need uninsured and underinsured motorists’ coverage?”

Credit: www.miller-ogorchock.com


Not long ago, someone asked me an excellent question: “If I’m on Medicare do I need uninsured and underinsured motorists’ coverage?” (UM/UIM)

The answer is YES! You absolutely need UM/UIM if you are on Medicare.

UM/UIM is the part of your policy that pays if you are hit by a driver with no insurance or without sufficient insurance to cover your losses from the accident. It also pays in the event of a hit and run. It is every bit as important as liability coverage. (To learn more, about UM/UIM, and why you should NEVER play games with it, please read this article.)

If you are on Medicare, you need to carry UM/UIM for the following reasons:

  • You never know for sure what your medical insurance will pay in the event of an accident. 
  • UM/UIM is not just for medical expenses. It can also pay for: 
    • Pain and suffering. 
    • Long-term care. 
    • Lost income. (I was asked this question by a self-employed solar professional who had no work-based disability plan.)

To learn more, please call me.

30+ carriers ... 44 states
Auto-home-commercial
Offering life & AFLAC in Colorado

720-675-8119

epsinsures@gmail.com
Powered by www.tagins.net




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five things every realtor and mortgage lender must know about insurance

Important Insurance Update for Realtors and Mortgage Lenders

What Do I Do If My Insurance Company Leaves My State?